Abigail turned 7 months old on December 1, 2012!
Abigail, this is what you are currently doing:
- You are still in some 3 month clothes but we're having to move you into some 6 month because you're getting so long!
- You're still in size 2 diapers!
- We're too you to the Dr for your 6 month visit and you weighed 14.5 lbs! My little chunky monkey! You finally were not underweight and Mommy was so happy! You were in the 25% for weight! You also got your next set of shots, along with the first part of your flu shot and did really great. You only cried for a little while! Mommy and Daddy were so proud of you!
- You're eating 6-8 oz every 3 hrs!
- After your dr's appointment we talked to the dr. and decided to start giving you some rice cereal! You did so great with it and love it a lot!
- Mommy still nurses you in the morning when you wake up and before you go to bed, but it's getting harder. You play too much and won't pay attention and eat. You're always looking somewhere else and it's always more interesting than eating!
- Your naps are still not very consistent. You sleep anywhere from 30 min-2 hrs a day. I'm not too concerned though because of how great you're sleeping at night!
- You still sleep all though the night! Sleeps from 8:30-9 p.m until normally 6-7 a.m.
- You love to play now with toys and are working on sitting up on your own with help from Mommy and Daddy.
- You sit in your bouncer and feed yourself a bottle now.
- You don't really sit in the bumbo anymore because you move around so much and throw yourself back a lot that Mommy doesn't think it's safe for you.
- You still love your bath time! We have now moved you to the sitting position in your tub and you love your new found freedom!
- You still love riding in the car seat!
- Your hands are currently in your mouth ALL the time! You normally suck on your index fingers the most, but still no teeth.
- You continue to do well at MDO.
- You jabber away now and have perfected a squeal that is adorable!
- You are now rolling from front to back all the time!
- You're still doing a great job sleeping in your crib at night! Mommy started putting you to sleep in your sleep sack because you can now roll over. It took a night or two for you to get adjusted, but you've done great.
- Mommy and Daddy also finally started to sleep train you. It was hard in the beginning, but we finally got our routine down. Mommy definitely did not like hearing you cry it out! Now when you go to bed at night, Mommy puts you in your sleep sack, turns on your mobile with the nightlight and music, rocks you for a few minutes, and then puts you in bed. The first couple of nights you cried, but now you just roll over and go to sleep!
- This month you went to your second wedding! We drove down to Horseshoe Bay and went to Mommy's cousin Kayla's wedding. We were late of course and that made Daddy mad, but he got over it soon and we had a great time. You got to meet your second cousins and lots of Mommy's aunts and uncles that had never seen you before!
- You also went to Lorena/Brady for your 1st Thanksgiving! You got to meet your great grandparents on the Snodgrass side and they loved you! You were the star of the show and Mommy loved taking you on a trip around the dairy where she grew up as a little girl! It was a lot of driving, but you did great!
- You said your first word this month and it was "da da"! You say it over and over like it's your favorite thing!
Abigail, I am so blessed to be your Mommy and wouldn't change anything!