Today while we were driving into Shreveport and turned on the road to Bryan's parent's neighborhood, I remembered something that happened when we were dating. I always think about it when we come back and if I could write a letter to me back then, this is what I would say.
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Last weekend my mom, dad, and Chalen came to visit us since we were going to spend Thanksgiving in Shreveport.
They arrived on Friday night and Abigail was so excited to see them before she went to bed. She didn't want to go to sleep, knowing that they were there, but we assured her that they would be there when she woke up!
Saturday was the best day! Bryan and I were able to deep clean/organize the atrocity that was our closet and my mom was awesome by helping to watch Abigail and help with laundry while we worked! That night my dad and mom were nice enough to watch Abigail for us while we went on a date! We don't get many date nights out, so we take advantage of them while we can. We went and ate dinner that night at Ruby Tuesday's on the Harbor and saw "Catching Fire". We were SO excited to see the second movie and it did not disappoint! It was sooooo good! When we got home, I immediately started reading the third book, because that was as close as I could get to the future third movie! ;)
Little did my parents know, but my sister Charity and her boyfriend Trey surprised my parents and drove down from New Mexico to my house early for Thanksgiving. Aunt Charity was very excited to see Abigail!
Sunday we had a nice lunch and then my parents drove back before the weather got bad and we didn't know how bad the roads were going to be. It was so great getting to see them and Abigail sure loved having all that attention! She is very loved! :)
Monday, November 18, 2013
This was obviously written a while back, but I didn't get time to publish it. Oh well! Better late than never! ;)
Well, I'm finally finding a spare minute to sit down and update the blog! It seems that those are few and far between lately!
We are beginning our third week of school and I'm happy to report that things are going pretty good! We're all pretty much into our new schedules and I think I have a pretty good class this year! We had a few moments our first two weeks, but hopefully those will be better next week!
|Our back to school pictures! Someone wasn't focusing much in my picture!|
|Much better for Daddy!|
Abigail got her first back to school runny nose so that wasn't fun, but thankfully it's gone now!
Bryan and I made plans this weekend to go on a date, so we called up our babysitter Danielle and went out last night! We had a great time!
Posted by Chelsey Moss at 5:00 PM
Abigail turned 18 months old on November 1, 2013! I can't believe my baby girl is already one and a half!
- You are in 18 month clothes.
- You are in size 5 diapers.
- Your 18 month stats were: head 19 1/4 in (95%), height 30.5 in (20%) and weight 26.1/4 lbs (80%)
- You are still a good eater! This is what you will currently eat: any fruit we give you, some vegetables, any meat, pancakes, eggs, but your favorites are mac & cheese, squash, spaghetti, cookies & ice cream (which you don't get very much of)!
- You still have 6 oz of whole milk at breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. You drink water all day with a little squirt of the calorie free gatorade.
- You're still sleeping great from 7:00-7:30 p.m to 6:30-7 a.m. You love your sleep and get cranky when you don't get enough, just like your Mama! ;)
- We still let you have your paci, or Nannie as you randomly call it, but we're trying to limit your use for nap time/bed time or if you get really upset (which is rare). I know we'll have to start taking it away though when you turn 2!
- You are officially
walkingrunning everywhere and getting into everything! You LOVE making messes! Daddy's nickname for you is "Captain Distructo".
- You still love playing peek-a-boo, pat-a-cake and when we chase you. You also love for us to read books to you now and your favorites are Where is Spot? and Skippyjon Jones Up and Down. Unfortunately, you did go through a stage when you would tear some of the books if they had pop up pages, but we're trying to quit that habit!
- You definitely have a little temper! You haven't had to go in time out that much, but still receive spankings pretty often for being ugly/disrespectful to Mommy or Daddy. When you get mad you normally try to hit one of us, throw something, or bang your head against something. You totally get that from your daddy by the way! :)
- You are not really afraid of anything now and you love the vacuum cleaner.
- You still won't wear bows, but you are funny and you'll say "bow?" and make us put one in your hair. You immediately take it out though and then we repeat this process over and over.
- You're still taking baths in the sink if Mommy's giving you one! Daddy's more fun and lets you take a bath in the big bathtub, or in the shower with him, which you LOVE! You are such a water baby! You absolutely hate getting out though and throw a big fit every time.
- You still love going outside. You especially love going on walks and walking on your own. You love playing in the backyard with Daddy while he checks on his fish/garden. However, you've gotten into the bad habit of eating dirt every time! I just don't get that one!
- You still do not like to have your diaper changed!
- You still love to play in the bathroom and take everything out of all Mommy's drawers. Thankfully though you stopped trying to play in the toilet all the time.
- You are still the queen of the cheesy grin and I absolutely LOVE it!
- You still love waiting for Daddy to get home from work. You also love it if he ever gets to take you to Mrs. Tracy's in the morning or pick you up. He is your hero!
- You are "talking" all the time and very vocal! These are the words you can say: mama, dada, mommy, daddy, hurry, hi, eyes, no, bye, Nana, Papa, Nay Nay, oopps, Charlie, Micky Mou (mouse), puppy, Trayee (Mrs. Tracy), mine, two, shoes, go, shishies (fish aka goldfish), Abby, Michael, and apple.
- You listen and follow directions very well.
- If we're counting and I say "one" you shout out "two!". It's so cute!
- You still love people and especially kids! You'll walk up to any kid and act like they're your best friend.
- We had to put locks on the door handles because you started opening the pantry, bathrooms, and garage door and walking out on your own.
- Your favorite songs are: "You Are My Sunshine", "You Are So Beautiful", "The Alphabet Song" and when we randomly count numbers aloud.
- When you have a cold, you ABSOLUTELY HATE to have your nose sucked out. You almost make yourself sick crying so hard. I have to hold you down on the floor and pin you down with my legs. It's almost beginning to be a two person job, which your Daddy is not happy about.
- Thankfully you've been very healthy and haven't been sick except for one little cold recently.
- You are down to one nap a day and consistantly sleep about 2-2.5 hrs a day.
- You LOVE music! Your daddy and I think it's hilarious, but we can turn on the t.v and play the theme songs to "The Pioneer Woman" and "Gilmore Girls" and you automatically stop whatever you're doing, stare at the t.v and then start shaking your booty! Sooooo cute!
- You seem to have conquered your fear of dogs! You will pet them now and get close. You also love Mrs. Tracy's cat Milo!
- If I ask you to go get something for me, you can go get it and bring it to me most of the time.
- You are VERY fascinated with computers and normally get in trouble because you try to bang on Mommy or Daddy's laptop with is a big no no!
- You have your first t.v show that you now will sit and watch (most of) and ask for daily! What is it? Why Mickey Mouse Clubhouse of course!
- You are very tenderhearted and get your feelings very hurt easily. However, you have like a 5 second rebound rate! ;)
- You love giving hugs and kisses to Mommy & Daddy.
- Your grandparents, Mrs. Tracy, and Charlie are your favorite people, with the exception of Mommy & Daddy!