Tuesday, May 12, 2009

nobody ever told me it was going to be this hard :)

Well, I got to have my bridal pictures taken by the fabulous Miss Morgan Smith two weekends ago! It was so much fun and they turned out beautiful, just like we all knew they would! It was however a little stressful, and this is the story of why.

I'd been having a week that was more stressful than normal, trying to decide if I wanted to do my bridals that weekend or the next (because of the stupid weather/rain and my bridals were being taken outside) and finding people who could do my hair and makeup, that would be close to Rockwall AND not charge me an arm and a leg! I also still hadn't found a veil. Speaking of, I'm going to have to stop for a moment and get onto my soapbox.

Veils are ridiculously expensive! I mean COME ON PEOPLE! It's a piece of tulle, with some beads sewn on! NOT WORTH $150-200 + dollars! That's extortion and I can't believe people get away with it. Ok, I'm done with my rant now..back to the story.

Obviously, I was not even thinking of buying a veil at a normal bridal store, so I checked at Michael's and Hobby Lobby, where a few friends told me to check. They were priced really great..HOWEVER, of course they didn't have what I wanted, and even if they did, it was all in white, and I needed ivory. So then I looked into seeing if my mom could make mine, but thankfully we found a solution before we even had to go there!

There's a bridal/prom store called Pat's Gowns in Waco that's really great. Well, I'm renting my petticoat (another thing that you should never buy because they're WAY overpriced) there for the wedding for only $15..yeah that's a steal! So we called and checked to see if by any chance they rented out veils. Good news, they do! So in the end I was able to rent my petticoat and my veil for $30! Thank you Jesus! One problem solved..moving on.

So thankfully I found a lady to do my hair, Michelle, and one to do my make up, Shaunna. My hair appointment was Saturday at 7:30 am and make up at 9:30.

Fast forward to Friday morning at school, I get a call from Morgan saying that her co-worker had surgery and the lady that was supposed to cover for her called and cancelled, so Morgan's work load automatically doubled and she didn't know if she'd be able to do my bridals the next day. I will say that I was proud of myself for staying calm and not freaking out..I mean there were little ones around! Haha..Morgan said she'd try and see what she could do and then call me back.

She called me back about an hour later and miraculously found a way to still be able to take my bridals the next day. Praise the Lord and Halleluia!

Well, don't get too excited yet. A few hours later, I get a call from my hairdresser which goes a little something like this:

Me: "Hello?"
Michelle: "Hi Chelsey, this is Michelle."
Me: "Yes?"
Michelle: "I hate to do this, but I just left the Dr.'s office and I have a blood clot in my leg. I can't do your hair tomorrow."
(while I'm telling myself not to lose it on the phone but also wanting to scream at her WHY OF COURSE YOU WOULD WOULDN'T YOU!!)"

So long story short, after many phone calls, she arranged for another girl that works with her, to do my hair. Thank heavens for Ami! :) Also, later that afternoon, not to be left out, my make up lady called me...but don't worry, she was just checking to make sure I brought some things along with me! :) So, as you can see, my Friday was very-eventful!! :) My mom, sister, and brother Chase came into town that night to assist with my bridals.

Moving on to Saturday, Bridal's day!! Well, the day dawned cloudy and gloomy, but I wasn't going to be put off by the weather on my exciting day! Morgan assured me that the cloudiness wouldn't hurt my pictures, so I trusted her!

Charity went with me and we got my hair and make up done. I wasn't 100% in love with the hair, but I really didn't have any choice because of circumstances and the weather sure wasn't helping! We got back to my house and Morgan and Jacque met my mom, sister and I to help me get all dressed. Can you say ORDEAL? Geez Louise! I never knew it was so much work! I'm seriously allotting myself extra time for the actual wedding, because it takes a village people, a village!

They helped me finish getting ready and we headed to our bridal destination, the Dallas Arboretum (which is actually never what I planned on, but I'm so glad I ended up going there!). We got to the Arboretum and started taking pictures. There were so many great spots, so we were happy!

I have to pause and insert my favorite moment here. There were of course many people there taking pictures, walking around, etc. We had to wade through, let people walk pass, etc while we were taking our pictures. There was a couple that walked up to us, with a little girl who was about 4 years old. We moved out of the way, because we thought they were trying to get by us. However, when Jacque said that they could walk on by, the Mom stopped and said, "No, we came to watch her (motioning towards me). She (her little girl) thinks that she's (me) a princess!" She had to come over and look at her!" Oh my gosh! Can you say precious??!! That seriously made my day! I looked over at the little girl and waved and told her hi, and she smiled and then hid behind her mom. She kept on peeking out at me with this big grin on her face! She was soooo cute! She really made me feel like a princess! :)

We spent a couple of hours taking pictures and then noticed that the sky was growing darker by the minute. We made it back to the entrance and I literally had just enough time to change out of my dress, and get everyone into Morgan's car before it started to P-O-U-R! I mean pouring rain! It was so bad that Morgan literally had to pull off on the side of the road because it was so bad. We just kept on saying "Thank you Jesus for holding the rain!"

So, overall, even though it was an extremely stressful process, I had so much fun doing my bridals! Turns out the cloudy day actually helped my pictures..who would have known? ;)

I've had a sneek peek of some of them and they are AMAZING! Sadly, I can't post them online until after the wedding, but you can bet that I'll be posting them later for all to see!

Even though it was tons more work than I knew it was going to be, I wouldn't have traded it for a minute! 45 more days!

1 comment:

* Tyly * said...

What a stressful situation, but I'm SO glad that everything turned out perfectly!

I can't wait to see the millions of pictures!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


my wedding countdown

Custom Countdowns & MySpace Layouts