I'm going to ignore the fact that I haven't updated in, oh, almost two weeks, and give you bulleted updates!
- Things at school have been crazy with January testing (TPRI, DRA, math assessments). Thank goodness that's done!
- I had my friend Amanda's baby shower at my house and it went great! Did I also mention that it snowed pretty much all day?! That will be a memory I won't forget!
- We had a potluck with our life group from church two weekends ago and bbq was on the menu. My husband
stupidlykindly volunteered to bbq for oh, 30 people that Sunday for lunch. His happy hiney had to get up at 4:00 a.m in order to start bbq-ing chicken and pulled pork for everyone! I stayed in bed and slept in! We had a great time and everyone loved Bryan's bbq!
- Last week I received the sad news that a friend of mine from college, who was in my Phi Lamb sorority, had passed away. She was born with cystic fibrosis, and went in several weeks ago for a double lung transplant. They thought everything looked good, but sadly she passed away. Jenifer's passing was just another reminder that life is fleeting, but I take comfort in knowing that she is with our sweet Savior right now!
- This month we've been working on eating more at home and less out in order to save more money. People, this has been HARD for me! We were so used to eating out several times a week, I definitely wasn't looking forward to quiting almost cold turkey. He made us eat at home for 5 days in a row, and I swear I almost died! ;) Thank goodness, it actually wasn't as bad as it seemed.
WeI purposely made extras so we could have leftover's the next day for lunch. Let me tell you, this part I've enjoyed! I like eating yummy leftovers a lot better than my regular turkey sandwich! We just plan our menu and write it on the calendar every week. That way we can look and know what we're having, and whoever gets home first can just go ahead and start dinner! We're on week 2 of this and are having luck so far!
- Also, tying in with our eating habits, we've both joined Weight Watchers and are really enjoying it! Sometime in the future, we do plan on starting a family, so both of us wanted to be health when that happens. I definitely want to lose about 25-30 lbs. We both realize that although we haven't been eating the healthiest all the time, we haven't been doing as bad as we thought. Our main issue has been portion control! I actually did WW during college and it was the only thing that has ever worked for me. I like that I can eat the things that I like, but within reason. I have daily points that I can use, but also have weekly points that I save so I can eat out at places like Texas Roadhouse, on my cheat day! Once you get into the routine of counting points, it's really not bad! I was only on it for about 2 days last week and lost 1.2 lbs! I know it's not much, but it's SOMETHING! Plus with WW we're only supposed to lose about 2 lbs a week. I'm excited to see what results I get this week! Bryan also did really well. He of course lost about 5lbs and I'm very
pissedexcited for him that he can lose the weight so well! ;)
- This past weekend we had date night on Friday night, whoo hoo!
- Saturday was a beautiful lazy day and I was definitely spoiled with the weather!
- My parents were at a conference this weekend in Richardson, so they drove through to have lunch with us on their way back. It was really a treat to see them! We took them to lunch at Gloria's, got some Twisty Treats, and hung out at the Harbor. It was a great weekend!
- At church we've been studying alot about grace. We listened to Chris August's song "7 x 70" and it's awesome. You must go listen to it now.
- Well, that's all I know people! Hug your loved ones tonight and tell them you love them, because tonight's all you may have.
- Be blessed!