Abigail turned 12 months old on May 1, 2013!
Abigail, I can't believe you are one year old! This is what you are currently doing:
- You are in 12 month clothes!
- You are now in size 4 diapers!
- Well, Mommy was definitely off on your weight! I thought you felt really heavy, but we took you to the Dr for your 12 month checkup and you actually only weighed 21 lbs! I thought you weighed more! Sorry, princess! :)
- Your 12 month stats were: head 19 in (OTC, yes off the charts..I blame your Daddy), length 28.5 in (35 %) and weight 21 lbs (65%)
- You still love your food! You are now eating more of what we eat. You still eat some baby food, but love eating chicken and banana's. That's your favorite! You've also eaten off of our plates at Johnny Carino's, Olive Garden, and Texas Roadhouse and loved it!
- We are now slowly weaning you over to whole milk and you're drinking about 6 oz now.
- You're still sleeping great from 7:00-7:30 p.m to 6-7 a.m. You're funny though because you know that it's bedtime when I take you to say goodnight to Daddy.
- You are still adventurous and pulling up on everything!
- You are not walking on your own yet, but will take some steps with Mommy & Daddy's help! You still are the fastest crawler!
- You are still unfortunately throwing fits when things don't go your way, or we don't let you do what you want. We're trying to stay consistant with discipling you. A swat on your hand doesn't faze you at all, but one on the leg definitely gets your attention!
- You are still chewing on Mommy's hair when you want to be soothed.
- You are still afraid of the vacuum cleaner, tape measurers (when you pull them out fast and they make a clicking noise), lawn mowers, and random men. The nurse scared you again with the tape measurer when we went to your appointment and you instantly started crying. Poor baby! :(
- Bows in your hair? What bows?
- You have had a runny nose off and on this month because of this crazy weather. Because of that, I've had to suck out your nose a lot and you absolutely HATE this!
- Your favorite thing now is to go outside. Mommy & Daddy bought you a new swing and we put it on the back porch. You love to swing and swing and then you throw a fit when you have to come inside. :( You also love to look out the backdoor into the backyard.
- You do not like to have your diaper changed! You start to cry and whine when I walk to your room to change you. I have to give you something to play with that will distract you or else you whine and fuss the whole time!
- We had your 1 year pictures taken and they turned out so well!
- You are the queen of the cheesy grin and I absolutely LOVE it!
- You are so cute when Daddy gets home from work. You can't wait to see him!
- You are now giving Mommy open mouth kisses. Very slobbery, but I love every single one!
- One of my favorite things now is when I wake you up in the mornings. I pick you up and give you a big hug and just hold you for a while. I normally rub/pat your back, and you are now starting to pat me back! You give these little pats on my back when I hug you and it's the cutest thing ever!
- You also have this growl that you do when you're really excited. It is too cute!
- You are so your Daddy's girl in the fact that you LOVE to be around people. I think you get bored with us sometimes when you have to be alone with us. Haha! You love going places and riding in the car. Putting you in your carseat is another story though. You're not a big fan of that!
Abigail, I have officially been your Mommy for one year! It has completely changed my life for the better and I wouldn't change one second, or one experience. You have been the best teacher and I am still learning. I love watching you grow and change every day. I am so proud of you and can't even begin to express the amount of love I have for you. You make your Daddy and I so happy and we don't know how we ever lived without you! You are the best gift we've ever been given and we will do our best to be the parents you deserve. My greatest desire is that you will grow to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior one day and serve and follow Him with your whole heart! God has big things in store for you baby girl! I love you to the moon and back my sweet Abigail Morgan! Happy 1st Birthday! :)