Friday, June 14, 2013

Scariest Morning Ever!

June 11th we woke up like normal and I fed Abigail her breakfast. Bryan made a peanut butter & jelly sandwich and was eating it on the couch. We call Abigail our little bird because if she sees you sitting on the couch eating anything, she immediately craws over to you and begs until you feed her whatever you're eating! Well, as soon as she saw Bryan sit down, she crawled over and began to beg. I told him to go ahead and give her a bite of his sandwich and he pinched off a small bite. She loved it and wanted more so he gave her a second bite. She ate that too and he tried to give her a third bite, but she pushed it away and wouldn't eat it. I thought that was strange, but oh well. I tried to give her a fish, but she didn't really eat it and spit it out, which if you know her and Goldfish, this is not normal! It was then that she began to cough a couple of times and started to pull on her tounge and mouth. I thought that was weird and tried to give her a drink, but she didn't really drink her water and most of it just fell out of her mouth. That's really weird, I thought!

I took her into her room to change her diaper. I looked at her face and gasped at what I saw. I yelled Bryan's name and ran to show him. Abigail's face was bright red and breaking out in whelts. She was obviously having an allergic reaction to the peanut butter and we freaked out. I yelled to Bryan what do we do and we had no idea. It was obviously getting worse by the minute, but she wasn't having any trouble breathing, so that was a little reasuring, but not much. We tried calling my sister who's a nurse, but she didn't answer. We of course didn't have any Benedryl in the house so we literally just threw on our clothes, grabbed Abigail and got in the car. We didn't know if we were going to the Dr. or the ER or just to buy Benedryl, but we knew we better get somewhere fast!

I can remember Bryan praying in the car for Abigail while speeding into town. I tried to calm myself down to think of what to do or who to call. I finally just called our pediatrician to ask them what to do. Our Dr. told us to give her 1 tsp of Benedryl and keep an eye on Abigail. If it got worse, they said to take her to the ER. We sped to Walgreens and Bryan raced into buy the medicine. He came back out and we forced the medicine down Abigail. She wasn't a fan, but thank goodness it didn't take very long for us to see that the medicine was working. Praise God that about 30 min-1 hr later it was completely gone!

It was SO scary and we didn't know what to do. Abigail looked so bad and it scared us to death! I don't ever want to experience anything like that again! Praise God for His protection over Abigail! We went to the Dr. and got a prescription for an epi pen and I am going to take her to a pediatric allergist to see how bad she's allergic to peanuts/peanut butter and if she has any other allergies. Mama learned her lesson...always have Benedryl!
Poor baby! This was on the ride into town. You can tell she doesn't feel good.
After she got the medicine! It doesn't look too bad in this picture, but it was!

You can see it on her cheeks, chin, and top of her chest too in this pic. She was happier though!


1 comment:

megan. said...

sweet baby girl--so scary! so glad y'all were able to get to the doc and get some sort of relief. xo


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


my wedding countdown

Custom Countdowns & MySpace Layouts