Friday, April 2, 2010

London, Days 4-6, Germany, Day 7

We woke up around 3:30 am on Monday morning to get ready for our flight to London. We rode the train to the airport and made our flight with no problems! We arrived to beautiful London around 8:00 and got through customs without any problems! From the airport we decided to take a train into downtown London. We rode that train for about 30 minutes and then got onto the London Tube. This is where we got our first taste of London! People were EVERYWHERE and moving at a fast rate speed. You seriously had to get out of the way, or you were going to get run over! This made things very interesting with a baby and stroller, plus all of our suitcases, and us trying to figure out where we were going and which trains we needed to take! After switching trains several times and me almost getting smooshed by one, we finally made it to downtown London! We then went on the search for our hotel. Thank goodness we found it without too much trouble! Our hotel was AWESOME! Jason definitely got a great deal on our hotel and it was at the perfect location! We unpacked, went straight and ate lunch at McDonald's and it was great! Haha!

After lunch, we headed to the visitor's center to go get our day pass. These passes would gain us entrance into lots of different places, instead of us having to pay at each place we went to. After we got our passes, we began our sightseeing. We walked to the House of Parliament and unfortunately they were closed for the day, so we just walked around. After that we went across the street to Westminster Abby and planned to go inside. However, after we waited in line and got up to the door, we found out that they didn't accept our pass and it would cost us about 15 pounds to get inside, so we said no thank you and left! I just took a lot of pretty pictures and away we went!

That afternoon we saw the London Eye, Big Ben, and Buckingham Palace at night. It was all so beautiful and so much fun! We did sooooo much walking that day and were so exhausted, so we decided to ride the bus back to our hotel! We finally figured out that our passes we bought for the Tube would also work on the buses, so from that on the bus was our major mode of transportation! We got to ride on the top of the bus on our way back, so Bryan was very excited! We ate at a little restaurant near our hotel and then headed back to the hotel for the night.

After a great night's sleep, we woke up and started day two! Day 2 consisted of seeing the Tower of London, the London Bridge, Millennium Bridge (yes the one from Harry Potter) and St. Paul's Cathedral. That evening Bryan and I went back to Buckingham Palace. Since we went late the night before, I didn't get very good pictures because it was so dark. So we went back for round two since it was still light outside! I was so glad that we did because we got there right one time and were able to see the changing of the guards! It was so cool and I was so glad we went back! J

We stopped at a corner market that night and got some snacks, then went back to our hotel to relax before we went to bed. That next morning we woke up at 3:30 am again in order to make our flight back to Germany. We rode a bus and then got back onto the train to take us to the airport. We made it to the airport and made our flight back to Germany.

When we got back to Germany, we took naps and just relaxed for the rest of the afternoon/evening. Bryan and I got everything packed and ready to fly back to the states. We woke up early the next morning, said our goodbyes, and then were on our way home! Thankfully, our flight back to the States was nowhere as bad as the flight over had been! It was annoying having to stop in Atlanta to get onto another plane, because let me tell you, that's the last thing you want to do at that moment! You just want to be there already!

We arrived back in Dallas and were so glad to be back! The only bad thing is that when we switched planes in Atlanta, they sent one of our bags to Kansas City! Um, what? Yeah, we were mad, but thank goodness they sent it to our house the next day, so everything turned out fine!

We celebrated being back in the states by going to our favorite Texas Roadhouse! We were completely exhausted and almost falling asleep while eating our dinner, but it was so good! J

We made it back home safe and sound and had a wonderful spring break! It was definitely a spring break to remember! J We ended up taking around 500 pictures, so if you're brave enough to look at them all, you can check them out on Facebook. Here are all the links!

Enjoy! J

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


my wedding countdown

Custom Countdowns & MySpace Layouts