Monday, March 22, 2010

Germany, Days 1-3!

Well, I guess I've kept you all in suspense for long enough! I'll now try and tackle the huge post about our trip to Europe; however, I am going to break it up into smaller chunks (that way it's less intimidating to me and maybe you'll actually read and comment on it! Ha!)

Bryan and I got all packed up and headed to DFW. We had to turn around a couple of times before we actually found the parking we wanted which was in Remote South (and let me tell you it was REMOTE). We decided that $8 a day sounded better than $14-17 so we parked and rode the bus to the airport. We got all checked in successfully and made our way to the gate with plenty of time to spare. I have to add this funny tidbit in now. We found some empty seats and sat down to this very nice lady who started to talk to us. She and Bryan were talking about where we were all going, where we were from, etc. I had originally been sitting in between them, but decided to switch and let them sit beside each other so they could talk. Bryan is EXTREMELY like his Mother in the way that he could find any stranger and find some connection to them, end up talking forever to them, and becoming best buds. Well, I spent my time waiting for the plane by reading a book, and Bryan spent it talking to our new friend! It just cracks me up. She was really sweet and funny though!


We made our flight to Atlanta without any problems..except me being squished by my husband who has massively broad shoulders. This is an attribute I normally love about him, except when I'm sitting squished in a tiny airplane with the man! We had time to grab a bite to eat at Panda Express, YUM! And then make our way to the gate. We got onto our plane to Stuttgart and were on our way. We were a little upset because evidently they ended up changing planes and our seats got switched. They put us into the 3 seats in the middle which I wasn't happy about, but it ended up being ok because the 3rd person didn't show, so we had 3 seats to ourselves! That was nice! I will say that that trip was probably one of the most UNCOMFORTABLE trips I've ever made in my life. I didn't sleep but only a couple of hours (even with sleeping pills) and was just miserable. I couldn't WAIT to get off of that plane! I did read a total of 3 books on the trip over, so that helped pass the time! J


We arrived in Stuttgart early Friday morning and Whitney picked us up from the airport. We went to their apartment and were able to relax and take a shower so we felt more alive (and didn't stink as much J). We then went to go see Jason at work and had lunch on base. After that we did a couple of errands and then went back to pick up Jason. By this time, jetlag was SERIOUSLY kicking our butts and it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. When we all got back to the apartment, I couldn't help myself and went and took a 2 hour nap. I was still tired when I woke up! Whitney fixed a lovely dinner for us, and we spent time watching episodes of "The Big Bang Theory". We ended up going to bed that night around 8:00 p.m! I didn't wake up until around 9-10 the next morning! Yep, I definitely slept over 13 hours! I love me some sleep! J


Day 2 in Stuttgart was spent riding the train for the first time to downtown Stuttgart to do some shopping! It's really nice because literally all Jason and Whitney have to do is walk out of their apartment and hop on a train! That was really nice! We went to the park/shopping place and I tried crepes for the first time (sorry, not a fan of them). We just spent time walking around, taking pictures, and soaking everything in. There were so many people there!


Day 3 we ended up going to this place where we were able to lookout onto the city of Stuttgart. It was so cool! I loved these pictures. You'll have to check them out on Facebook! It was really cold so we didn't stay too long. We went back, ordered some German pizza and watched more episodes of "The Big Bang Theory". We packed that night for London and went to bed early because we had to get up at 3:30 am!


Stay tuned…all about London is next!

1 comment:

Tyly said...

I can't wait to read all about London, and Big Bang Theory is one of our favorite shows!!

I don't mind you asking at all... we bought all of it at Ashley Homestore. I'm pretty sure they have them everywhere!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Love!

my wedding countdown


Custom Countdowns & MySpace Layouts