Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving threw up!

I told ya'll it was bad! It looks like Thanksgiving threw up around my room at school :0) However, I think it looks very cute! The bulletin board you're looking at below, portrays all of our very fine turkeys. The students were each given a "Tommy the turkey" and instructed to disguise Tommy so that he wouldn't be eaten for Thanksgiving dinner. We made the other turkeys in class.
This is our "thankful turkey". Each year I put up the turkey and then the students discuss what they're thankful for, and write it on a feather.
While talking about fall, the students decorated a tree and then described their tree to me. I loved their answers. Some of them were hilarious!

Click on the picture above and read David's description. His was my favorite! (Remember, all I said was,"tell me about your tree". Then I wrote down whatever they said.)
During Thanksgiving week, when we talk about the Pilgrims and Native Americans, each student gets to "create" their Native American name. I give them them format, (action verb and a noun) and you can see what we ended up with! Mine was Dancing Sun :0)
Overall, it was a great week!

3 comments:

cls said...

David and Spencer's disguised turkeys are the best! Man, what I wouldn't give to get paid for disguising turkeys!

cls said...

Ok, I might take it back. David sounds weird with his chicken door, red eye comment...lol!

cls said...

My favorite of all the names is "Skipping Bear." I must be PMS'ing because that made me cry. It's just so...young and sweet. I can see a little girl skipping around acting like a bear...*sigh

Ok, I'll stop comment on the same post now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Love!

my wedding countdown


Custom Countdowns & MySpace Layouts