Saturday, September 8, 2007

#2 reason that Chelsey needs a husband

TO MOW MY LAWN!!!!!!!! I was very excited today because I got my lawnmower and was ready to mow away. I got the mower going and started in the front yard around 5:30 this afternoon. I got the area by my garage and the front half of my yard done before the mower died. I tried everything. I let it cool down, I primed it several times, I shook it, I turned it over and checked that there wasn't anything clogging it. I checked the gas..I saw some gas in there, but didn't know how much there was, so I called Jacque and Jason, and they said it was probably the gas.

GGGgrrrrr...so I head off to Walmart to go get a gas can and some gas. I return home, fill up the lawnmower, and thankfully it started right back up. I finished the front yard, and then took a short break, drank some water, and then headed back out to finish the backyard.

Dun, dun, dun....THE BACKYARD...now, I have discovered my worst nightmare. I absolutely HATE my backyard now. It took me almost an hour to mow that freakin thing, and it was the hardest. I just had to keep going because I knew if I stopped, I wouldn't finish it. So, I finished it..in the dark, knees trembling, legs like jello, arms shaking, I finished it! I have no idea what it looks like, but it's mowed by golly. I came in, collapsed on the floor with my bottle of water and didn't move for a very long time. I did get up then and go take a long shower to wash all the grass and dirt off me.

Now, you're probably thinking, "Chelsey, have you never mowed a lawn before?" To that I will say, I actually have..many times. However, that was a VERY long time ago, and my dad got a riding lawnmower for his birthday one year, so the last time I mowed, I rode. That was probably about 6 years ago..until today. I now know why hardly anyone has a push mower..I now believe that they should be outlawed. Everyone should just save up their money and buy a riding lawnmower. Or at least if you are a single woman who lives alone..stores should give you one for free. The end.

I, Chelsey Snodgrass, promise to never, ever, ever, ever, let my back yard get that bad. I also promise to never mow my backyard again and will hire someone else to do it for me!
(The above picture depicts exactly what I felt like!)

3 comments:

cls said...

LoL, you poor thing! Mowing sucks!

Tyly said...

oh, i'm so sorry!

at least you can be proud of yourself for accomplishing such a cruddy task!!

and i noticed i'm now on your friends! yay! :o)

Amanda said...

yuck...I hate mowing...I've only done it like...once.. haha.. and someone had to do the edges for me! ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Love!

my wedding countdown


Custom Countdowns & MySpace Layouts