Monday, September 24, 2007

SO true!

I completely stole this from my friend Megan's blog, but I honestly couldn't have said it better myself. This is why one of my relationships didn't work..his was really "won't".

I can't believe when some people say they 'can't do long distance relationships.' The 'can't' really is 'won't' because if you truly care for someone, you'll do absolutely anything to make it work. The funny thing is, my relationship hardly seems like work. We might be 700 miles apart, but we still have our daily routine. I think the distance makes our relationship stronger than most, actually, because we can't get into a rut... we have to work and have conversation since we don't see each other weekly, and those conversations make us learn more about each other, and crave to learn more about each other. When people say, "you just know," as far as who your soulmate ends up being, it is so unbelievably clear to me. I completely get it.

Thanks Meg!

2 comments:

Tyly said...

the entire first year of mine and James' relationship was long distance. one of us would have to drive every weekend to see each other.

people didn't understand it... "why not find someone here?"...

umm, because he's not here, and he's the only person i want!

now that we are together, it makes it that much more special. we weren't able to do all the normal, daily life stuff that other couples could do whenever they wanted!

it has made us so much stronger!

Something's Gotta Give said...

Hey! I found your blog through Cassandra's, so I hope you don't mind that I've been reading along!

I just have to say that I completely agree with this post and your friend. My husband and I (we knew each other in high school but didn't start dating until later) were long distance for 4.5 years. People thought we were nuts, but there was no reason to date anyone "local" because we were so happy with each other! And it did make us stronger, because of the whole conversation thing and really appreciating the time we did (and now do) have together.

Just had to chime in! I love your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Love!

my wedding countdown


Custom Countdowns & MySpace Layouts